• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mcdovar

Mcdovar

Starving Musician

• Old Members
  • 5 posts
Hi!, I'm new to this site so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post

I had been looking for a free version of Sibelius or just a music notation program. After scouring the internet I found a program called Muse score http://musescore.org/.

It looks like a legit and cool program, but before I go downloading it I wanted to make see if any of you folks had used it before or had used a similiar program

Thanks!

Tokkemon

Tokkemon

Composer, Trombonist

• Moderators
  • 4,711 posts
Its junk.

No really, you get what you pay for.

Pony up and buy Sibelius if you're serious about composition. It will be the best decision you make.

maestrowick

maestrowick

Composer

• Members
  • 369 posts
^^^^or Finale!

tina3003

tina3003

Composer

• Old Members
  • 26 posts
If you dont wanna pay, get noteflight

jimcarry

jimcarry

Starving Musician

• Old Members
  • 1 posts
With 3,000,000 people having downloaded MuseScore, I imagine there must be quite a few of us doing interesting things with it. From newcomers to music software writing their first compositions, to hobbyists looking for a better, easier, and/or cheaper way to notate their music, to professional musicians, educators, and composers creating works for performance and even publication - I expect MuseScore is being used for all these things and more.
jimcarry

Ian

Ian

Seasoned Composer

• Members
  • 790 posts

With 3,000,000 people having downloaded MuseScore, I imagine there must be quite a few of us doing interesting things with it. From newcomers to music software writing their first compositions, to hobbyists looking for a better, easier, and/or cheaper way to notate their music, to professional musicians, educators, and composers creating works for performance and even publication - I expect MuseScore is being used for all these things and more.

'Sup MuseScore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users