Site Tutorial

Uploading Music:

• Click Upload in the navigation towards the top at any moment, and choose the category you wish to upload to; be sure you categorize your work accordingly
  • Add either MP3's, Midis, or Youtube links, as well as PDFS.  Do not add a midi and mp3 in one upload, or an mp3 and youtube link or the system wont interpret your files correctly.
  • You may click and drag files from your computer to begin the upload process.
  • You can reorder your files at any time by left clicking on the "arrow" to the left of the filename (the page may have to be refreshed for this to work)
  • You can also "click" on your filename directly, to edit the title of your track.
  • There is a link called "my music" that you can click on at any time, to view all pieces you have uploaded on this site.

Linking to Youtube

To add a Youtube track, create an empty file on your computer in the following format, with two underscores separating the name of your file, with the youtube id, followed by a "yt" extension, like so:

• "name of file__youtubeid.yt"
  • An example: my first piece__dPwmk7EXpcA.yt
  • Add that file as you normally would add a midi or mp3.
  • Now you can reorder and change the name of your tracks with ease.

Updating Music

• To update a piece, simply go to your music page, and click "Update".
  • You may also manage your works on your profile page.

Browsing

• While browsing music, you can search even further while you drill down as you click on new category levels.  You will notice a search bar above "category, title and name".  Type in a keyword and press enter to filter your results.
  • The music results are ordered by latest comment, then by latest upload.

We don't enable deletion of pieces because you can delete all of your reviews by mistake.  However you can "update" a piece, and delete your tracks and pdf files within your piece by clicking "update" on your music page.  If you still need to delete a piece, contact me and I will remove it for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We don't enable deletion of pieces because you can delete all of your reviews by mistake.  However you can "update" a piece, and delete your tracks and pdf files within your piece by clicking "update" on your music page.  If you still need to delete a piece, contact me and I will remove it for you.

But, why would you want to keep the reviews for unwanted pieces?

If I want to delete a piece, I'm not going to be concerned about the reviews.

Also, the 'update' workaround means that the site is left with many pieces with pointless reviews because the user has deleted all their files.

• Like 1

The main reason is because some people put in a lot of effort reviewing a piece of music, and if the composer deletes a piece by mistake, all associated reviews will also be eliminated.  This leaves a bad impression of the site.  However if you upload a piece by mistake, one workaround is to simply update the title, description and actual mp3/midi.  But if you wish to remove a piece completely, just contact me and I can remove the piece for you.

I like to keep a history of reviews, because the composer can always go back and read the feedback if he/she wishes to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's just me or it is really hard to upload a Youtube link today. I miss the old time.

Tried to create an empty file through "command"? but failed.

The command keep telling me "the system cannot find the patch specified."

I don't know what went wrong. Maybe somebody could give more detail on adding youtube id.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1/27/2014 at 5:56 AM, chopin said:

Uploading Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card Music:

• Click Upload in the navigation towards the top at any moment, and choose the category you wish to upload to; be sure you categorize your work accordingly
  • Add either MP3's, Midis, or Youtube links, as well as PDFS.  Do not add a midi and mp3 in one upload, or an mp3 and youtube link or the system wont interpret your files correctly.
  • You may click and drag files from your computer to begin the upload process.
  • You can reorder your files at any time by left clicking on the "arrow" to the left of the filename (the page may have to be refreshed for this to work)
  • You can also "click" on your filename directly, to edit the title of your track.
  • There is a link called "my music" that you can click on at any time, to view all pieces you have uploaded on this site.

Linking to Youtube

To add a Youtube track, create an empty file on your computer in the following format, with two underscores separating the name of your file, with the youtube id, followed by a "yt" extension, like so:

• "name of file__youtubeid.yt"
  • An example: my first piece__dPwmk7EXpcA.yt
  • Add that file as you normally would add a midi or mp3.
  • Now you can reorder and change the name of your tracks with ease.

Updating Music

• To update a piece, simply go to your music page, and click "Update".
  • You may also manage your works on your profile page.

Browsing

• While browsing music, you can search even further while you drill down as you click on new category levels.  You will notice a search bar above "category, title and name".  Type in a keyword and press enter to filter your results.
  • The music results are ordered by latest comment, then by latest upload.

How can I delete a piece?

Edited by zafirkalvin