If I didn't like music so much, I would run like hell from anything that qualifies as a performance, so no way am I dreaming of conducting anything. Nightmare, you mean? What is your personal nightmare? I'm self-employed just so that no one can every put me in charge of anyone other than myself. Nope, nope, nope...
This is one of my recent choral pieces. It is gentle, easy-going piece in simple tonal language with some extended harmonies. Not much else to say about this music. Just listen and comment if you have time. Thanks!
I am not a conductor, but I have had dreams about conducting these pieces, which seem to be the most beautiful ones for me to conduct:
1. The Great Symphony - Schubert
2. ''New World'' Symphony - Dvorak
3. The Planets - Holst
4. Requiem - Mozart
5. Symphony No. 5 - Tsjaikovski
I've been a conductor for the past 4 years of my life, conducting my own other people's works alike, but have always had dreams to conduct such beautiful concert music. If you are, or are an aspiring conductor, what pieces would you like to conduct? Some of my favorite pieces are on this list, but some of them would just be really fun to conduct!
1. Symphony No. 6 - Tchaikovsky
2. The Pines of Rome - Respighi
3. "Mysteries of the Macabre" - Ligeti
4. Afro-American Symphony - W.G. Still
5. Thoroughly Modern Milly (Musical) - Jeanine Tesori