CALL FOR COMPOSERS: Delian Academy for New Music
DELIAN ACADEMY FOR NEW MUSIC
International Academy for Composers & Sound Artists
June 12 - 19, 2017
WHO WE ARE
The Delian Academy for New Music is an international summer academy for composers and sound artists located on the island of Mykonos, Greece.
Curated under the auspices of Georges Aperghis and Grypario Cultural Center, the Academy derives its name from the nearby island of Delos, the birthplace of god Apollo, and a UNESCO world heritage site.
Unlike top-down organization programs, our Academy is a participant-driven meeting where attendees co-decide and create the agenda for a series of symposia, workshops, and concerts with the guidance of faculty and staff.
The 2017 edition will take place from June 12 to June 19 in Grypario Cultural Center of Mykonos. Participating composers will have the chance to take part in masterclasses, presentations, workshops and have their music performed by our ensemble in residence. The main language of the Academy will be English. Additional languages may be used in private masterclasses.
FACULTY AND STAFF
GEORGES APERGHIS, Honorary President
PANAYIOTIS KOKORAS, Acoustic and Electronic Composition, Music Technology
DIMITRI PAPAGEORGIOU, Composition
ALEXANDROS SPYROU, Artistic Director
ENSEMBLE IN RESIDENCE
The Delian Academy for New Music is excited to collaborate with Oerknal, a collective of young professional musicians based in The Netherlands. Selected composers can submit a new or existing piece to be performed in Grypario Concert Hall in Mykonos.
The available instrumentation is flute, clarinet, piano, violin and violoncello. Any combination, from solo to quintet with or without electronics is welcome.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE MARCH 5, 2017
1. All applications must be submitted by email at email@example.com
2. Please submit the following:
- 2-3 scores (pdf) and recordings (mp3). The submitted works do not need to match the instrumentation available.
- Application letter including name, surname, email, phone number, website (if available), and category of participation (1 or more) you would like to be considered for.
- Letter of scholarship application (if needed)
3. In case you need to share large files through a file hosting service (e.g. dropbox, wetransfer etc.) please make sure the link remains active until the selection process.
4. There are no age or nationality restrictions
5. There is no application fee
6. All applications will be evaluated by faculty members in cooperation with our ensemble in residence.
The Delian Academy for New Music does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please visit www.delianacademy.com for more information