Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernández

Schönberg's 6 little piano pieces, orchestrated

Recommended Posts

Finally, I have the 6 pieces. It was not easy to do this because this work is quite "synthetic". Always in piano-pianissimo, very short pieces. It was hard to give a role to all the instruments.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job. The IV sounds a little heavy orchestrationally -but I think it works. The VI is my favorite. The opening harp works well. You should try your hand at expanding that one -perhaps make some variations on it. The material there is rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jawoodruff said:

Awesome job. The IV sounds a little heavy orchestrationally -but I think it works. The VI is my favorite. The opening harp works well. You should try your hand at expanding that one -perhaps make some variations on it. The material there is rich.

 

Thanks for listenintg.

Mi idea was not making variations or extensions. The pieces have the same measures as the original composition. I only wanted to add color and contrast with the orchestra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luis Hernández said:

Thanks for listenintg.

Mi idea was not making variations or extensions. The pieces have the same measures as the original composition. I only wanted to add color and contrast with the orchestra.

 

I know. That was just a suggestion of mine. I think you'd have fun with that one. Your orchestration of that one was perfect, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jawoodruff .  yes, the intention was to expand the  actual material to the orchestra, it was difficult .. you know, Schönberg doesn't like huge orchestras. That's why IV could sound too heavy.....

I wrote some time ago a piece of variations over the opening theme op 25 by Schönberg for piano solo, and it was a different experience.

I was thinking about orchestrating some other larger piano piece by this composers, but op. 25 is too long.... Perhaps the op. 11...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Luis Hernández said:

@jawoodruff .  yes, the intention was to expand the  actual material to the orchestra, it was difficult .. you know, Schönberg doesn't like huge orchestras. That's why IV could sound too heavy.....

I wrote some time ago a piece of variations over the opening theme op 25 by Schönberg for piano solo, and it was a different experience.

I was thinking about orchestrating some other larger piano piece by this composers, but op. 25 is too long.... Perhaps the op. 11...

 

 

Yeah, I can definitely imagine this material is difficult. His short works, like this one, are so interesting. The nature and intent behind them -would love to know what he was thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...