Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

I want to compose a piece to submit in a national competition.
They do give a list of all instrument, I can write for, but they do not give a precise list for the percussion instruments (one percussionist by the way).
The only thing they say is ''slagwerk (klein slagwerk en drumset),'' which means ''percussion (small percussion and drumset).''
Which instrument belong to this 'small percussion' (next to drumset)? Is it a standard formation / formule or do I have to contact one of the organizers?

I am looking forward to your response!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ilv said:

I would contact one of the organizers. Small percussion instruments can include cymbals, woodblocks, tambourine, and more.



1 hour ago, pateceramics said:

It may mean the percussionist will bring whatever you need for the piece, as long as it's standard sorts of stuff that they have already, but I agree, it might be a good idea to ask.  Most percussionists seem to enjoy amassing large collections.  


Thank you both! I contacted the organizer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...