Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'seminar'.
Tough decision time. I'll be one of many composers in a new music performance/composition workshop. There was a miscommunication about the dates, and I bought my international plane tickets leaving one day too early. I now have to choose: either change my tickets -- which would cost about $450 U.S. -- or miss the workshop's big final concert. Things we know: - The final concert will be recorded well, and I'll be sent a copy; - There's no way to be sure until during the workshop whether the final concert will include a piece of mine, but there's a good chance it will; and - I will definitely have a couple of pieces on other concerts/readings earlier in the workshop. I know the final concert and whatever socializing we'd do afterwards is really important for building connections with the performers and with the other composers. I have enough money saved up in my workshop/travel budget that I could change the tickets. But it's a lot of money. Enough for a whole other workshop locally or any number of other things for my career. Any input to help me think about this would be appreciated!