Jump to content

Theme and Variations (Me & Guillem)


Markus Boyd
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Myself and Guillem have been collaborating on a project centered on galant pedagogy. We came up with a simple structure that follows well known schema (illustrated below) for a theme in the form of a minuet, followed by a number of variations to demonstrate ways in which schema can be manipulated. We agreed to write for two parts only for simplicity's sake, and to better clarify the schema involved.

The schematic structure is as follows:

A

Meyer (Theme)

Modulating Prinner

B

x2 Monte (IV-V)

Meyer (Theme)

Prinner

 

Guillem's score contains the skeleton which defines the Schema. On my score, I have indicated the voice leading that defines each of the schema for your reference.  I would like to see others try to compose their own variations too... perhaps we can develop a greater interest in Galant Pedagogy within this forum. 

All the best,

Markus & Guillem

Edited by Markus Boyd
Spelling
PDF
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Left Unexplained said:

Sounds exquisite! If either of you guys @Guillem82 are interested in collaborating it would be fun to get a new perspective on things.

 

You are welcome to join us on our current project. Guillem has already completed his version which we will look to post perhaps tomorrow. However if you are interested send me your email. The current one is similar to the above in methodology though applies a different strucutre and schema. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Left Unexplained said:

Sounds exquisite! If either of you guys @Guillem82 are interested in collaborating it would be fun to get a new perspective on things.

 

Hi, Left unexplained, thanks for posting!

Of course, you are wellcome to join our Project. I suggest to create a forum the 3 of us to share ideas for a better workflow. I don't know if that's posible to create a sharepoint the 3 of us in this forum. But we can do that via whatssap or somewhere else. 

I've heard some of you Works, and I really like them. Where are you from by the way?

 

Edited by Guillem82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, Guillem82 said:

Hi, Left unexplained, thanks for posting!

Of course, you are wellcome to join our Project. I suggest to create a forum the 3 of us to share ideas for a better workflow. I don't know if that's posible to create a sharepoint the 3 of us in this forum. But we can do that via whatssap or somewhere else. 

I've heard some of you Works, and I really like them. Where are you from by the way?

 

 

 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, Markus Boyd said:

You are welcome to join us on our current project. Guillem has already completed his version which we will look to post perhaps tomorrow. However if you are interested send me your email. The current one is similar to the above in methodology though applies a different strucutre and schema. 

 

hey sorry I forgot about this. I'd love to collaborate in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...