Jump to content

New Sonata fragment.


Recommended Posts

A truly original compostation from me.

 

Edited by Quinn
MP3
0:00
0:00
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've long known that Mo's Art thing as "the Sunshine Sonata."

I was in this little record shop in town. It has a few popular classics but would order anything more obscure like Stravinsky's "J'ai Baisé une Fée" ballet, whatever, when a guy popped in and asked if they had the Sunshine Sonata. Straight away the assistant da-dahhed the opening notes C........e...g.......b........cdc............... "That's it!" the guy said.  Evidently he wasn't the first or the assistant was remarkably perceptive.

Nice shop. If I went there mid-morning I'd get the kettle on and make tea or coffee and enjoy a chat.

 

9 hours ago, PeterthePapercomPoser said:

apparently trazoM had quite a hsitef lacef!

Did he have treacle with his faecal?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, aMusicComposer said:

I actually loved that it's so much fun! Please continue it.

Well, ok. I rendered the extra bars up to the ruptured cadence. Now I need more inspiration. Can you please post all your music on musescore community https://musescore.com/community so I can nick it?     😄

😄

Edited by Quinn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, pianist_1981 said:

Um... it's nice and all, but I'm pretty sure this is plagiarism of a work by DailyDuo, formerly known as DoYourDailyDuo... I believe this is from his "but it's in the public domain" phase.

 

AWW WHAT?  You CAUGHT me! 'Kinell! But you can't blame me, cribbing off such a genius composer (as well as thief) that DailyDuo.

I thought I'd get away with it.

🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Quinn said:

AWW WHAT?  You CAUGHT me! 'Kinell! But you can't blame me, cribbing off such a genius composer (as well as thief) that DailyDuo.

I thought I'd get away with it.

🙂

 

When I heard this I was left wondering if you'd heard the same amusing anecdote about Shostakovich that I'd first heard in my university days. Stalin and Shostakovich obviously had no love for each other, and so as the story goes, Stalin asked Shostakovich to do something impossible in order to give him an excuse to deport him to Siberia - compose a new symphony for a state occasion with a day's notice. Knowing this was impossible, Shostakovich was completely frantic. In desperation, he asked his trusted copyist to run down to the library, find a symphony by an obscure composer no one had ever heard of before, and transcribe it backwards. The faithful copyist obliged.

The next day, a smug Shostakovich sat in the audience awaiting the premiere of his "new work." Imagine his horror when the orchestra began playing the opening of Beethoven's 5th symphony...

Now, amusing as it is, of course the anecdote falls apart as soon as it mentions Stalin looking for a reason to deport someone. He never needed a reason for anything.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, pianist_1981 said:

Now, amusing as it is, of course the anecdote falls apart as soon as it mentions Stalin looking for a reason to deport someone. He never needed a reason for anything.

 

HA! .....All I recall is Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra deriding Shostakovich's 5th Symphony.  In my early teens I could never understand why Shostakovich would write such a corny piece until I found out about Russian commie music. I sometimes wonder if the woke hard left got in power in the UK would a similar thing happen? Someone forced to write a Symphony on the tune of

"the working cla-a-donkey/ can kiss my a-r*** / I've got the leader's chair at last....

NO-O-O! That wasn't what I typed. I typed "the working cla-a-ass / can kiss my donkey..." Well you know what I mean. 

Where do donkeys come into it? I mean imagine a word like assassinate: Stalin has been donkeydonkeyinated. WOW!

Jeez, the AI round here isn't particularly 'I', is it?

 

Edited by Quinn
if it let me write what I wanted I wouldn't have had to.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quinn said:

HA! .....All I recall is Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra deriding Shostakovich's 5th Symphony.  In my early teens I could never understand why Shostakovich would write such a corny piece until I found out about Russian commie music. I sometimes wonder if the woke hard left got in power in the UK would a similar thing happen? Someone forced to write a Symphony on the tune of

"the working cla-a-donkey/ can kiss my a-r*** / I've got the leader's chair at last....

NO-O-O! That wasn't what I typed. I typed "the working cla-a-ass / can kiss my donkey..." Well you know what I mean. 

Where do donkeys come into it? I mean imagine a word like assassinate: Stalin has been donkeydonkeyinated. WOW!

Jeez, the AI round here isn't particularly 'I', is it?

 

 

Haha! Yeah, I've been on some other forums that required creative ways around the profanity filters. Usually they'd replace all the cussin' with an unpopular person who was associated with the forum. I'm not making any suggestions. I've used up my daily quota of goodwill with a pair of other thoughts, I'm sure.

I always admired Shostakovich for what he managed to accomplish in a dictatorship. Everything changed for him after the premiere of the 4th symphony. Although awful for him, I actually don't think this was a terrible thing for music lovers, as a number of his best-loved works are more conservative in nature and were written after he received the thinly veiled "review"/threat in reference to his 4th symphony.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Papageno said:

I wish someone would plagiarise my music. Im at that early stage in my development as a composer that it seems appealing. 

 

I'll have a try later on. As this topic shows I utterly hate plagiarising and NEVER do it.... (usually :D)

In those few moments I came up with this original plagiarise, just a few bars opening. For a quartet as it disguises the source better.

Anyfink else I can nick?

Edited by Quinn
play the game of giarising.
MP3
0:00
0:00
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Papageno said:

I wish someone would plagiarise my music. Im at that early stage in my development as a composer that it seems appealing. 

 

Oh, that can be arranged. That can certainly be arranged. Just post your scores here:

https://musescore.org/en

If you're lucky, you may even get the plagiarized version of your work plagiarized again - a plagiarism of a plagiarism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...