Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernández

Capricho para guitarra

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Here it is, writing for guitar is very difficult. This is very simple.

Capricho para guitarra.mp3Capricho para guitarra.pdf

 

Edited by Luis Hernández
Some notes fixed.
MP3
0:00
0:00
PDF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The piece sounds good. Congrats.  The E open strings in measure 9,10 e 11, possible will not sound for these three measure , a good solution it is maybe play then again for each measure or something like that. If you want, I can read the score for you and send you a record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dhslamas said:

The piece sounds good. Congrats.  The E open strings in measure 9,10 e 11, possible will not sound for these three measure , a good solution it is maybe play then again for each measure or something like that. If you want, I can read the score for you and send you a record. 

 

Thanks . You are right with those E notes, I will change the score.

of course feel cree to play it that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I really enjoyed this. 21-23 can be developed even more.  You could make that nine measures or so,

 

What made you decide on Emaj6?  How about a Emaj7? :) I know this a preference, but I'm just asking. (this is coming from a person who probably has NEVER written a maj6 chord in his life!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maestrowick said:

Man, I really enjoyed this. 21-23 can be developed even more.  You could make that nine measures or so,

 

What made you decide on Emaj6?  How about a Emaj7? 🙂 I know this a preference, but I'm just asking. (this is coming from a person who probably has NEVER written a maj6 chord in his life!)

 

Thanks!

Yes, I think I could expand this a little. Usually, I don't "rework" in that sense, but this is different. I don't write for guitar very often, I'm lazy about that because I have to think well if what I put on paper is playable.

Why Emaj6 (final chord)? Just to get another "color". The piece has spicy dissonances here and there.... I know, I know, some people would advise me about b9 intervals or chords that are major and minor at the same time. Well, I always explore those boundaries. So, Emaj6 is like a resting place after the Amaj/min chord. Also putting down the final chord is an effect of "surprise" and "accentuation" (which I learnt from Mr. Alan Belkin, by the way).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have changed the score and audio to fix the notes mentioned above.

 

But I have a question, if someone reads this: do you think it would be better to write the position of each note as I did here? When you look at Takemitsu's scores for guitar you see all ind of indications? Or is it unnecessary (as it is when you write for the harp, pedal changes).464713253_Capturadepantalla2020-03-08alas9_54_48.thumb.png.07db4cdcf976a5405cbff92946ab1abe.pngdo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this.

I think the way you handled the phraseology/form of this piece makes up for a very fresh-souning work. It always points in a direciton and follows another. In retrospective everything makes sense, but it never falls into obvious.

Great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luis, the numbers generally are for indicate digitation of left hand and strings that will be used for each note. that kind of digitation need a help of a guitarist, it is dificult to do if you don't play guitar...image.png.4d2e07d26b6ba4c5ea66218af02c1bfa.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Numbers on their own are for fingers.
Numbers in a ring/circle are for string.
Numbers in Roman numerals are for position.
C then a roman numeral means bar in that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. how do you play the second chord in bar 20? Doesn't seem very playable

 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:10 AM, Luis Hernández said:

I have changed the score and audio to fix the notes mentioned above.

 

But I have a question, if someone reads this: do you think it would be better to write the position of each note as I did here? When you look at Takemitsu's scores for guitar you see all ind of indications? Or is it unnecessary (as it is when you write for the harp, pedal changes).464713253_Capturadepantalla2020-03-08alas9_54_48.thumb.png.07db4cdcf976a5405cbff92946ab1abe.pngdo 

 

You don't have to. 

 

Slur markings in guitar typically mean to play pull offs or hammer ons, you dont usually see phrase markings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...